Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fathero

Fathero

Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( Empty
PostSubject: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 am

just figured out how to play online. in the middle of a match a message popped up saying avp couldnt read the text and it exited. when i tried to play again it told me to insert game disc. (which i obviously dont hav).
Back to top Go down
Desolate

PostSubject: Re: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:00 am

Hmm...I never experienced this before, are you sure it said it couldn't read the text? Because usually it says something like "You have been disconnected" or "Game resources differ from the server" if something kicks you out of a game.

I would say try reinstalling it if you can't get it working.
Back to top Go down
Morgan

PostSubject: I dl'ed and I can play fine, but a friend of mine did, and he gets asked for CD.   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:08 pm

I'm having sorta the same issue as Fathero, a friend of mine dl'ed the main folder zip, unzipped, put fox on program files, installed the reg files, and ran the patch.

But he apparently get's an INSTALL button instead of PLAY button when he opens avp2.exe...

Any ideas for this? he already reinstalled.
Back to top Go down
Pikelet

Pikelet

PostSubject: Re: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:48 pm

The install button issue is fixed by deleting the reg folder, I think. Somebody else had that problem.

This one is a mystery though :/
Back to top Go down
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dlkAw43cLC0/SSgREVIZzsI/AAAAAAAAA9w/hF-tMb
ROCKSTER
Undisputed Trash Talking Moderator
Undisputed Trash Talking Moderator
ROCKSTER

PostSubject: Re: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Fathero wrote:
just figured out how to play online. in the middle of a match a message popped up saying avp couldnt read the text and it exited. when i tried to play again it told me to insert game disc. (which i obviously dont hav).

Wth man ?? you vanished from CF and now you come here talking about avp2 ? . Have you quited the crossfire branch ?
Back to top Go down
Pikelet

Pikelet

PostSubject: Re: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Joe, he's on a break. I introduced him to AvP2.

Leave him alone.
Back to top Go down
Fathero

Fathero

PostSubject: Re: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 am

haha no i didnt stop playing cf. i was actually just on it. but pike here wanted me to play avp2 so i dled it played like 2 games and i broke it. no when i click play it says... (let me load it so i can giv u the exact words.) unable to find the AVP2.rez file. please make sure that AVP2 is installed properly and that your AVP2 disc 1 CD is in the drive.

Last edited by Fathero on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fathero

Fathero

PostSubject: Re: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 am

and actually fopr some reason before it tells me that it askss me to select a detail setting. whch is weird. but i think its not relivant.
Back to top Go down
Pikelet

Pikelet

PostSubject: Re: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:54 am

EDIT: He made the shortcut by moving the .exe and it was searching for the files on his desktop. XD

Working now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(   Just started playing avp and now i broke it :( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just started playing avp and now i broke it :(
Page 1 of 1