Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Helps for Server List Problems

Go down 
+3
Raptor Sting
Inferno
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

Helps for Server List Problems Empty
PostSubject: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:41 pm

There has to be a better way than disabling\uninstalling his antivirus, that should only be done as a last resort. I'm sure it has an exceptions list somewhere.

Same problem here, with McAfee.

It finds sres,dill a trojan.

I am talking to support about this fake trojan alert.

I only seem to have this problem when I try to run a dedicated server though.

The problem is that your antivirus is flagging sres.dll as a virus.

It locates itself here:
C:\Documents and Settings\*(user account)\Local Settings\Temp\sres.dll

White list it in your antivirus and all should work as normal.

What your describing is exactly what was happening to me. I use Nod32 Antivirus.

Once the file was excluded from scanning the game ran just fine.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mp3man44
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 pm

thanks for this post, i'll sticky.
Back to top Go down
https://raptorelite.darkbb.com
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:50 pm

No Problem Man i'm helping to raptorelite for erradicate Lag
Back to top Go down
Raptor Sting
Admin
Admin
Raptor Sting

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Dang Jinzo, What Problem have you "NOT" encountered. ROFL

Thanks though
Back to top Go down
http://www.raptorelite.com
L3o0

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:39 pm

and how i do this...**White list it in your antivirus and all should work as normal.**
I have nod 32 too...
Back to top Go down
Rastlyn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:19 am

I'm posting this answer in a few areas from my previous post to anothe person just in case someone needs to see it but doesn't read all forums. It's concerning a possible fix for server's not showing or game just locking up.

==========
A lot a people are having this problem. Unfortunately, since everyone uses a different Anti-virus, there is no one fix for this problem. There is a .dll file that some anti-virus programs think is a real virus. Because of this, when you start AVP your anti-virus program recognizes the .dll file & blocks it without you even knowing it is happening. this happens to me personally when I try to play single-player games only. Check to see if this is the problem by disabling your anti-virus.

I have McAffee's and can temporarily turn off real-time protection. I do this by opening McAfee's Security Center... Click the section Computer and files... Click configure... GOTO Real-time protection, mine is labeled with Virus protection is enabled... Click OFF... The program gives me the warning that I have turned off real-time Blah blah blah, I set it to enable real-time at computer start-up/re-start.

Check and see how to do it with your Anti-Virus if you use something other then McAfee's.

If your game runs fine, then that is the problem. You will need to add the .dll to your trusted list or just turn off real-time protection when you want to play AvP.

Hope this helps.
==========

As listed above, jinzo has "sres.dll" as the problem .dll. That is the fine you would need to add to your trusted/exclude this file lists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:10 am

as what i dnt have antyvirus antyspam firewalls i have clear windows from this things

i u se internet from 6 years and havent even one bug or virus
Back to top Go down
Rastlyn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am

Guys make sure if you can't get on you try this.

The command line is: -rez AvP2P5.rez

And the Neo connector thingy......

http://www.unostaffdau.com/download/neo_avp2_connector.zip

Some people posting on lithFAQ are having good results.
Back to top Go down
AnimaFerus

AnimaFerus

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Rastlyn wrote:
Guys make sure if you can't get on you try this.

The command line is: -rez AvP2P5.rez

And the Neo connector thingy......

http://www.unostaffdau.com/download/neo_avp2_connector.zip

Some people posting on lithFAQ are having good results.

Thank you very much, it works!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dkaz.deviantart.com
zibit

zibit

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:02 pm

hey... i got a problem Very Happy i can join all other servers DBH russian bears etc. but not raptors, when i try to connect it says disconnected or unable to connect.... even lithfaq 1.3 worked .. wait raptors server does have 1.3 right ?
Back to top Go down
Rastlyn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Yes, we have 1.3. When did you notice you can get in? We've been running the same mod since LithFAQ let it out that day plus or minus a tweak that Herr or the one made to get us stable.
Back to top Go down
zibit

zibit

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 am

wait does the server have somekind of ping limit ? or what... my ping is like 200-400
Back to top Go down
zibit

zibit

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:16 am

amm i can get into mayhem but not chaos or insanity.... says disconnected from server...
Back to top Go down
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:19 am

with 1.3?
Back to top Go down
zibit

zibit

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 am

yeah... could anyone check the ban list...?
Back to top Go down
Rastlyn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Zibit hit chatango please
.Im on now
Back to top Go down
Rastlyn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Zibit. I sent you the PM but here it is for the board.

You GUID is the same as:

pinpoint
Scr
xXEvolutionXx
Invisible Man

And the GUID is BANNED.

So either you are all the same person, or there is a glitch. Unfortunately for you if you are a different person then the others, we have to assume by the GUID that you are all the same. I checked myself today, and saw the lod withere you were kicked off upon trying to get in server.
Back to top Go down
zibit

zibit

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

k sent u a PM so is it client side ?

EDIT: wait... wait... this doesnt make any sense... how can i be banned in chaos and insanity but not mayhem....
Back to top Go down
Rastlyn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:06 pm

the ban lists weren't added to mayhem. They are now
Back to top Go down
zibit

zibit

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:21 am

hey wait... your saying that WE all have same GUID: Me, xXEVOX etc are any of these pepole banned for a reason if not then why not unban GUID
Back to top Go down
zibit

zibit

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:43 am

well dont crack your mind very much about it, im fine i got 2 PC's... 1 laptop 1 PC, soo just gonna play on laptop... until u get it sorted out or IF Razz
wait can anyone send me the lvl 2 SC pass its changed
Back to top Go down
Rastlyn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

That's where the problems lies. All the GUID's are the same. They shouldn't be. GUID's are computer specific ID #'s based upon the hardware make up of the computer. They have nothing to do with anyones IP address. And because we have that specific GUID banned because of a Fk'ing hacker/servercrasher it is affecting you also.

So either you are:
(a) All the same person;
(b) All using the same computer; or
(c) There is a glitch in this bunny-s modification.

I'm going to post on LithFAQ's boards, and see if I can get a responce.

The other thing: Bunny-s SC tier does not work so no one has been issued Lv 1 or Lv 2 PW's. We are currently only using Lv 3 for Administration, until we can get that fixed also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helps for Server List Problems   Helps for Server List Problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helps for Server List Problems
Page 1 of 1