Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions. Empty
PostSubject: Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions.   Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Can host server but cannot join my own server?

This is caused by having different rez files specified on the command lines for the game server and the game client. The game client command line is the one visible when double clicking AvP2.exe -> Options. The game server has it's rez files specified in "customrez.txt".

Whenever I try to find a game it just closes the program! I am on Vista!!

Windows Vista has introduced a new feature that stops unwanted programs from starting and executing code on the users machine. However, this breaks a lot of compatibility with other programs.

Turn off UAC and try it again. You can find the option in your user account which is accessible via the control panel.

Is this compatible with the Bunny server mod?

Yes, it is. Install the Bunny mod, then install the master server mod (and yes, install the dedicated server from the patch). Add the avp2p5.rez to the customrez.txt and you're good to go.

I get an error when installing the mod, "could not write avp2p5.rez"?

Make sure you run the installer as an administrator.

Is this compatible with the Rommie server mod?

Yes, it is. Do download the latest Rommie server mod that has the patch built in, go
here

How about Mac support on this patch ?

For Mac the situation is even worse, since besides the missing tools (compiler) we don't have Macs.

World version is different from the server.

This is caused either because the server is using a map pack (UMP2 for example), mods, or because your AvP2 game installation was not updated to version 1.0.9.6 before applying the patch. Uninstall the master server patch, apply the official 1.0.9.6 patch, then re-install the master server mod.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mp3man44
sora123masta(14)

Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions.   Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:38 pm

im having the same problem on my WIN/ME.
Back to top Go down
-=RptR=-HunterTURK

-=RptR=-HunterTURK

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions.   Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:05 pm

What if you have xp?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions.   Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Yes Xp......My sever runs like normal just dosen,t list it on severs list?Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions. Apr19g10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions.   Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avp2 Problem: Can host server but cannot join my own server and other solutions.
Page 1 of 1