Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blocking.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KhaaaaaanX

KhaaaaaanX

Blocking. Empty
PostSubject: Blocking.   Blocking. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 1:56 pm

I heard about this yesterday and I think it's retarded.

Strong attack > Block > Quick Attack > Strong attack

That's how I heard it if I remember right.

I now have a series of questions that demand answers. Is a lion stronger than a human being? Can a human being block a lion's swipe? Is a predator stronger than a lion? Is an alien stronger than a lion? IF all of your answers to these questions are "Yes!" then WHY THE HELL CAN A HUMAN BLOCK AN ALIEN/PREDATOR attack?

Predator metal cuts through steel, so blocking with guns won't work well, at the very best it would block it/destroy the gun, then you'd have a predator on top of you anyway.

Alien's can bust down solid welded doors with relative ease, blocking with your gun would be like putting a tiny door in front of you, it might stop A (1) hit but you'd be knocked down with an alien on top of you anyway.

Predators blocking aliens doesn't make too much sense, because if you're engaged in matrix style fighting instead of predator style stabbing, you're going to loose that melee fight anyway

Aliens blocking predators doesn't make much sense because well, predator metal seems to slice and dice those suckers pretty good too.

The balance of humans having devastating long range weaponry, a predator having decent melee/long range, and an alien having devastating melee was right. I'm predicting that some people will get good enough that they wont be able to be hit by these "quick" attacks because they block them all.

I know I'm a predator fanboy, but damn, it's like the marines are getting the love on this one. Oh well, here's to hoping there isnt an instant-kill-no-recoil-skill-rifle
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

Blocking. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blocking.   Blocking. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:38 pm

the humans need to be able to do something to defend themselves, since melee is gonna be a big deal in this game. plus marine is the weakest species so far.

o btw, there is some move where an alien will get choke slammed by the human. i dont have details about it, but i read that if an alien fails an execution kill, he gets choked slammed by marine and get shot in the face. (unless the previewers r idiots and saw something else and wrote that.) of course i think thats bullshit. my ideas are better. u can see them in this forum.
Back to top Go down
https://raptorelite.darkbb.com
KhaaaaaanX

KhaaaaaanX

Blocking. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blocking.   Blocking. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Humies have something to defend themselves! It's called numbers and HUGE FKING GUNS!
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

Blocking. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blocking.   Blocking. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:39 pm

they dont want to use numbers as a balancing tool.
Back to top Go down
KhaaaaaanX

KhaaaaaanX

Blocking. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blocking.   Blocking. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:57 pm

WAAAAAAAAH THE GAME ISNT BALANCED! I CANT WTFPWN EVERYONE WITH A MARINEANDACTUALLYHAVETOUSETACTICS WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ehem.

Sorry. I must have been talking about a different game. Because this game is going to be so fucking balanced that the only map will be a circular room, with a ring in the middle, and in the middle of a ring, two chairs and a table, and on the table, rock'em sock'em robots.

If I ever win the lotto, I'm making a real AvP game, and the tagline is going to be "Don't play Marines or get owned like what would really happen"

**** EDIT** Reread my post, and yeah, I'm a total pred fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

Blocking. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blocking.   Blocking. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:19 pm

so am i, but im also realisitc. play pred concrete jungle. that game i feel, has the most appropriate pred depiction in any game. from the speed he runs, the power he has (crushes skulls with his grip), and how high he jumps. I don't think he should be able to take ALL that damage though. But everything else, spot on.
Back to top Go down
AKoN
Admin
Admin
AKoN

Blocking. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blocking.   Blocking. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Inferno wrote:
the humans need to be able to do something to defend themselves, since melee is gonna be a big deal in this game. plus marine is the weakest species so far.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blocking. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blocking.   Blocking. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blocking.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raptor Elite Forum :: AVP3 :: Discussions-
Jump to: