Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crash When Retreiving Server List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PinPoint

Crash When Retreiving Server List Empty
PostSubject: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:34 am

i downloaded the 1.3 saviour patch, installed it etc and when i choose to find internet games the page comes up but crashes within 5 seconds without fail. i dont see any servers or anything, just teh layout of the server selection screen.
avp2 was working fine before i installed the new server patch. im running xp sp3

any help?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:50 am

Rastlyn wrote:
I'm posting this answer in a few areas from my previous post to anothe person just in case someone needs to see it but doesn't read all forums. It's concerning a possible fix for server's not showing or game just locking up.

==========
A lot a people are having this problem. Unfortunately, since everyone uses a different Anti-virus, there is no one fix for this problem. There is a .dll file that some anti-virus programs think is a real virus. Because of this, when you start AVP your anti-virus program recognizes the .dll file & blocks it without you even knowing it is happening. this happens to me personally when I try to play single-player games only. Check to see if this is the problem by disabling your anti-virus.

I have McAffee's and can temporarily turn off real-time protection. I do this by opening McAfee's Security Center... Click the section Computer and files... Click configure... GOTO Real-time protection, mine is labeled with Virus protection is enabled... Click OFF... The program gives me the warning that I have turned off real-time Blah blah blah, I set it to enable real-time at computer start-up/re-start.

Check and see how to do it with your Anti-Virus if you use something other then McAfee's.

If your game runs fine, then that is the problem. You will need to add the .dll to your trusted list or just turn off real-time protection when you want to play AvP.

Hope this helps.
==========
Back to top Go down
PinPoint

PostSubject: Re: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:52 am

cheers man ill try it out
Back to top Go down
PinPoint

PostSubject: Re: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:00 pm

nah doesnt work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 pm

L3o0 wrote:
It worked, just DELETE ALL UR AVP2 FILES, AND ALSO THE MAINSERVER (wich is a program too lol)
Then Install the game an ONLY THE 1.3 UPDATE!!..

lol idk how that worked for him but that´s the last thing i could find . If it doesn´t work then ur gonna have to wait for Raptor Jinzo , he´ll know what to do .
Back to top Go down
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Researching
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mp3man44
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 pm

u try the source Code?
Back to top Go down
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash When Retreiving Server List   Crash When Retreiving Server List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crash When Retreiving Server List
Page 1 of 1