Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not a fan.

Go down 
+6
UrbaneVirtuoso
PinPoint
Matt
XenoVC
Inferno
AKoN
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AKoN
Admin
Admin
AKoN

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:41 am

Okay guys. I'd just like to share with you how much I despise the new AvP game so far(:

Before I get started, let me remind you, I know this is only a demo. Hopefully, the retail version will be MUCH better and everyone will be happy.

Anyways lets get started?

SPAWNS: Looks to me like there are some awful Modern Warfare:2 type respawns on this demo. Spawn looking at people? If you don't move immediately you get a big ol' fatality from an alien. Yummy.

TROPHY KILLS: AHH!!!! Totally unnecessary in my opinion. I mean it seems like it might be good for a 1v1, but in this DeathMatch madness that they have in the demo in the amount of time it takes me to rip off a guys head with my wristblades and fondel his spinal cord I could have already gotten 3 more kills. Also, while you're ripping and some aliens tongue, have you noticed how many people love to kill you while you're taking your time?

GUNS: Pulse...I almost cried. For those of you that know me, I'm a loyal stagger/crouch player. From 8 years of AvP2 I'm used to the no 'aim-down-sight'. But once I saw how bad if shot I started looking for an ADS button. After minutes of searching and researching..i found nothing. Then I killed my cat because of how awful the gun is. Totally ruined the marine for me. Also, as you shoot, the crosshairs widen...making your accuracy more and more God awful as you go about attempt to kill someone(:

Mines...Don't yet understand these. Is it like the remote bomb on avp2? Do you active it or just walk over it?
If you just walk over it then, F**K YOU REBELLION. I'm guessing it's just them getting revenge on the people like Balo(hun) who enjoyed spamming the nades on AvP2 so much. Now we all have to pay for it ^_-

Plasmacaster...fml, seriously. Lock on, one shoot. Woooooo...

Disc: I don't understand this yet either because I haven't used it. But I did happen to see one pred running down the halls and he spammed 3 of them, which also ricocheted....GAY?!?!?

Refinery (The level on the demo): Can you say black? This is one of the darkest levels I've ever played on. And I play on an HDTV so it makes it darker, how fun. Lovely combination when the first time I played it I was a marine. So on the dark level I'm fighting BLACK aliens and INVISIBLE predators. Lose much?

Light attack: This is one of the funnest parts of the game. See an alien running at you..you spray him or something then you get hit. "What's this?", you say as you attempt to get back up. BAM! As soon as you get back up you're down again. "This is aggitating", then BAM! You're dead. Fun fun fun.

Also have you seen the predators hands? They look like human hands. If they used motion capture on this game (the guys in the blue suits with silver balls on them that captures their movements) then they made it too much like the people wearing the suits. And the alien...have you seen them tail? They like glide to you and whip the snit outta you.

All in all I don't like this game that much. On AvP2 my classes we like Marine, Predator, Alien from favorite to least. On AvP (2010) they are Predator, Alien, Marine....FML!!

I guess the real reason I hate this game is because I expected so much more out of this game. A 9 year old game that we love has better everything then this game, excluding graphics of course.
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:58 am

Quote :
SPAWNS: Looks to me like there are some awful Modern Warfare:2 type respawns on this demo. Spawn looking at people? If you don't move immediately you get a big ol' fatality from an alien. Yummy.

This is a console port, might help with that when we get the real pc version.

Quote :
TROPHY KILLS: AHH!!!! Totally unnecessary in my opinion. I mean it seems like it might be good for a 1v1, but in this DeathMatch madness that they have in the demo in the amount of time it takes me to rip off a guys head with my wristblades and fondel his spinal cord I could have already gotten 3 more kills. Also, while you're ripping and some aliens tongue, have you noticed how many people love to kill you while you're taking your time?

you dont HAVE to use a trophy kill. dont do it when you got someone else near you.

Quote :
GUNS: Pulse...I almost cried. For those of you that know me, I'm a loyal stagger/crouch player. From 8 years of AvP2 I'm used to the no 'aim-down-sight'. But once I saw how bad if shot I started looking for an ADS button. After minutes of searching and researching..i found nothing. Then I killed my cat because of how awful the gun is. Totally ruined the marine for me. Also, as you shoot, the crosshairs widen...making your accuracy more and more God awful as you go about attempt to kill someone(:

Can't change that, marines are very strong, burst from distance, hold fire for up close. you should be bursting anyway as hicks in aliens said, "controlled bursts only"

Quote :
Mines...Don't yet understand these. Is it like the remote bomb on avp2? Do you active it or just walk over it?
If you just walk over it then, F**K YOU REBELLION. I'm guessing it's just them getting revenge on the people like Balo(hun) who enjoyed spamming the nades on AvP2 so much. Now we all have to pay for it ^_-
Prox mines, you can only set two at a time.

Quote :
Plasmacaster...fml, seriously. Lock on, one shoot. Woooooo...

tapping caster doesnt lock on, holding caster locks on. Longer you hold the more your seen, its a one hit kill on lock on but not on tap. you give your position away, and the red dots totally show people where you are.

Quote :
Disc: I don't understand this yet either because I haven't used it. But I did happen to see one pred running down the halls and he spammed 3 of them, which also ricocheted....GAY?!?!?

I throw it and watch it fly, ive used it alot, and i THINK you can "steer" it with your laster sights, because they stay on while you throw, I have yet to truly test that.
Back to top Go down
https://raptorelite.darkbb.com
XenoVC

XenoVC

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Too bad.

Stagger was a cheap exploit that Monolith never fixed because they put out a rushed game.

Rebellion didn't make AvP2, they made the first AvP, and if this game doesn't have the crap that made people be badasses in AvP2,get over it.

I like a game that requires someone to do something other than use friggin glitch exploits to be badasses.

It's a new, true-er to the films experience and I can't wait to get the hang of it.

You can always go back to playing AvP2.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:13 pm

I don't think the game was made for PC a lot of people who I talked to hated it not because it was missing exploits.

and then people who played in on a console liked it well said it was okay.

I thought the game was terrible well demo.

None of the guns are accurate. isn't this game based on the future? Why the guns so bad?

Sorry I don't know any Predator or Alien history other then AVP2.

The HvH is very weird.
Back to top Go down
PinPoint

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:57 pm

i agree with akon on the most points. havent played it yet but the gameplay footage i watched gave me my opinions.

and surely there will be a no spread hack soon akon xD
Back to top Go down
XenoVC

XenoVC

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:10 pm

PinPoint wrote:
i agree with akon on the most points. havent played it yet but the gameplay footage i watched gave me my opinions.

and surely there will be a no spread hack soon akon xD

Shit,I'm happy I jumped on the 360 boat now.
Back to top Go down
UrbaneVirtuoso

UrbaneVirtuoso

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Matt wrote:
Sorry I don't know any Predator or Alien history other then AVP2.

Then it will best if you've seen the films before passing judgment based on those particular universes. The entire AVP concept is really a spin-off.

Matt wrote:
None of the guns are accurate.

See above. They may not be faithful to AVP2, but it is to the source material.

XenoVC wrote:
Stagger was a cheap exploit that Monolith never fixed because they put out a rushed game.

Rushed is a fine way to put it. Looking back, the multiplayer was terrible with all the unbalances (Instant-kill weaponry, abuses, and the like). Even after all this time the exploits that I've witnessed back in 2002 are still here, namely those obnoxious piping/terrain glitches. That's just a testament to laziness if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
XenoVC

XenoVC

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 am

While the awesome modding may have helped keep AvP2's fire running,I'm sure that the spam gameplay helped too,haha.
Back to top Go down
AKoN
Admin
Admin
AKoN

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:37 am

I'm starting to get the hang of the controls and pred and alien are my favorite now(:

One question, can you block trophy kills? Because I've done it twice but i dont know if it was on accident or what.
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:13 am

this a damn console port....how many damn times do i have to say that. it costs more money to put out a demo just for the pc. do console and you only have to do it once. its P2P NOT dedicated, bc dedicated costs money, this is a business people. they are doing the right thing. also this only uses DX9, this is NOT DX10. so the performance and visuals should go up on retail. performance is a maybe, but def. the visuals will go up, especially if u have a dx11 card which this game SUPPORTS....
Back to top Go down
https://raptorelite.darkbb.com
Denu

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:44 am

My favourite is still Marine. You'll be pretty good with it when you've learned how and when to block etc. Guns are shit though (they have the technology to travel through space but they don't have the knowledge to build better weps? Oh well, maybe they just ran out of money).

When a marine player knows how to:
1. brawl 1on1 using his melee against an alien/pred
2. check the dark corners
3. camp in one specific area

..it's really hard for an alien or a pred to kill him. IMO it's pretty balanced.
..so basicly this is just a nicer way to say L2P. lol. No really, you should try and google that melee shit, it's more helpful than u may think it is. Same goes with alien and pred - learn how to melee (duh) other than just spamming light/heavy attack.

No crouch sucks btw. After hours of playing I still keep hitting that ctrl when I'm shooting long range or trying to hide for cover.

Btw2 I doubt this game will ever be competitive. Autoaim and all that shit.

Not a fan. Avp3timeline
Back to top Go down
KhaaaaaanX

KhaaaaaanX

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 pm

I love it.

so far my highest scores were

30 marine

30 pred

31 alien (went on a rampage at the end)

I find the balance very good!

Marine: fighting a pred or an alien? no problem! Block and right click shotgun and they're done!

Alien: love the speed and am getting good with transition/pouncing, tail whip/finishing/2 claw combos, and overall badassessness.

Predator: Only use the wristblades, love the focus jumping/attacks. Love the speed and am happy with the hp/damage and even am ok with the cloak thing now

10/10, cant wait to see the full game.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:00 am

If you play the CoD games, the pulse rifles comes easy. It did for me, at least.
Back to top Go down
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:53 am

For once,i agree with Akon.That trophy kill SUCKS.At least only put it in SP.Same for the plasmacaster.Marine+Hit=Death.And the amount of life is...realistic...but too little.Aliens.I nvr had SO many deaths by a predator.Mostly becuz of plasmacaster.Plus,you gotta press the button reapidly to attack.I though it was press and hold.
Back to top Go down
AKoN
Admin
Admin
AKoN

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm

You agree with me? K. I changed my mind, the trophy kill was a good idea. The only reason I didn't like it is because I didn't think you could counter it, which you can.

So just choose to use it at the right time.
Back to top Go down
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:06 am

Still sucks 4 me.I dun know how to counter it.LOL.Only as a marine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not a fan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a fan.   Not a fan. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not a fan.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raptor Elite Forum :: AVP3 :: Discussions-
Jump to: