Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Testament to Good Times Long Past

Go down 
+3
-=RptR=-DRagoN
Blaze
Desolate
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Desolate

A Testament to Good Times Long Past Empty
PostSubject: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 11:05 pm

It's 2009, you wake up, go to school, (or work, you know, whatever age you were at the time), come back home. "Hey I feel like playing some AVP2 for a little bit." Click on that "www.RaptorElite.com INSANITY" server in the list. The game transitions into the picturesque 'Human Predator Alien" loading screen. You're then immersed inside A Lesser Fate, with a bleak, industrial, muted landscape. You hear the whirring of the machinery in the background to greet you (or not, someone may be playing with the lights...) Blue, twilight sky with planets scattered about above you. You equip your Pulse Rifle, claws, plasma blaster, or what have you.

"Time 2 give these fuccin NOOBS the ol Heave' ho!"

Tom might be in the game, under some obscure pseudonym of course. You're not sure, but there's this dude spinning frantically, firing at basically nothing in particular but hey that's probably him because he did that sort of thing. You don't see any SG-2 players because fuck them right?. (Whatever you do, don't tell them another server exists and people like to play on it because you'll get weeb-rage'd at Seal Team Six style). Frenzy fucked off somewhere with his RCM squad complaining about some happy horse shit.

Yep, it's AVP2 in 2009.
-----------
But anyway, enough of that. I just felt like making a 'last post ever' on here, but I don't expect many if not anyone to see it. I was just remembering the good old days of AVP2, and all of the many fine (and not so fine) people I've met, played with, conversed with over that time. The game is still alive somehow (barely, think of a deer laying on the side of the road right after being hit by a Mack truck)

TBBCBase hosted the Master Server Patch for a little while, and I have to say, that patch put the game in the best shape of its life functionality-wise (The gameplay is the same, but just made improvements in many technical aspects like compatibility and net-code). How ironic it is though, for that to happen around the end of the road. Lately some shitlords that opposed him have been DDOS'ing his site, so he got fed up and pulled his support. Rommie runs the MS patch now. That's just the way it goes I guess, nothing lasts forever.

I want to say that, it's sad to see a game and a community like AVP2 and Raptor come to an end. The game was made in the early days of the internet, video games and the internet were a lot different back then. It's like a living relic. And in my opinion a hidden gem as well. You know the other day me and my buddies were reminiscing about old games we used to play. You know, first few Call of Duty games, Goldeneye 007 for N64, Legend of Zelda, DOOM, Wolfenstein, the classics right? No ones ever heard of AVP2. I never see it mentioned anywhere on the internet either. It really is a relatively unknown game yet It had such a community where tons of people played it, community made content out the wazoo, and most of all it wasn't as massive enough that you didn't get to know people and make your own little groups. There will never be a multiplayer like this again and I feel grateful to have been a part of it. I'd trade 10 thousand player-coddling, skill-assisted, 'casual' Call of Duty games for just one more game like this one. AVP2 has a bit of a steep learning curve, whereas many multiplayer games nowadays try to mitigate this sort of thing in the name of 'fairness'. It was all skill-based baby. Maybe there were a few imbalances between classes but that's just the nature of the game. It's how the game is and how I will always remember it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I think it's fitting that this forum remains running for as long as the host allows. There's no reason for it to be locked or deleted into oblivion so I'm not going to. And if I remember right, I was the forum creator and thus the only 1st tier admin, so I think I only have the power to do such a thing.

But anyway, to all of the people in the past that I've played with, talked with, became friends with, people I've seen in passing, I hope wherever you are, you're happy and life is working out to be just how you planned it to be. You all made this experience what it is and I'll remember it forever.
Back to top Go down
Blaze

Blaze

PostSubject: Re: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 12:26 am

I still come here every now and then i hope you guys see this too, I miss you guys.You guys made my middle school and High school years fun. miss all of you much love. You can add me on steam under ReaperK we can shoot the shit.
Back to top Go down
-=RptR=-DRagoN

-=RptR=-DRagoN

PostSubject: Re: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 9:14 pm

F
Back to top Go down
-=RptR=-DRagoN

-=RptR=-DRagoN

PostSubject: Re: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 9:36 pm

This just made me super sad. I've also read back posts I've made, damn i was a real pain in the ass. Thanks for bearing with me, i did not at all deserve it. If anyone by any chance reads this, you can contact me on steam that is raptordragon (even to this day), or on facebook, under the name "Silver Grynn". God I miss you all. I hope you all have a wonderful life. Thank you for everything.

-DRagoN
Back to top Go down
wolfrevan5555

PostSubject: Re: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Shit, dude. Nobody probably remembers me (I think I ran by some edgy shit like "Wolf" ingame), but I was a lil' kid playing this. I actually don't remember chunks of it because I was so young. Man, it's wild coming back and seeing all this stuff. Miss playing with y'all. Hope your lives have been good to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
KarateKa

KarateKa

PostSubject: Re: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 5:42 am

Hello from an old alien player to all! It's been years..
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2022 9:51 pm

I miss you guys more than you know. I feel like most of my childhood was on these forums and Raptor UMP2 server

Wolfey likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wolfey

PostSubject: Re: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2022 4:38 pm

Silver wrote:
I miss you guys more than you know. I feel like most of my childhood was on these forums and Raptor UMP2 server
Hey Silver, or any other Raptor coming around here. If you use Discord, you can add me rip.blacktail. I still play AvP2 so if you want to chat or play, feel free to send a message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Testament to Good Times Long Past   A Testament to Good Times Long Past I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Testament to Good Times Long Past
Page 1 of 1