Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP

Go down 
+2
RaptorMistikan
Inferno
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP Empty
PostSubject: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

So I was hearing about alien bosses and such and came across an idea. so hear me out, here is the scenario.

you just pressed a switch in a room with steam blowing, red emergency lights swirling, and with shadows covered everywhere. when this switch is pressed you start to hear an emergency siren, a door opens and you see a predalien(or preatorian) just killing a marine. (the camera zooms in like in gears of war when the alien appears) over your radio you hear "omfg what is that, GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!! RUN RUN RUN"

so you turn through a corridor, you do not have the weapon layout capable of killing the alien. so all you can do is run, so you run through dark corridors steam smacking you around knowing that you got an alien on your tail. Keep in mind that it's still dark as hell. (For the consoles, you can feel your controller rumble right when the alien is on your heels from his footsteps) you must jump over obstacles and crouch under some, pipes and what not. also it could be possible to (either tap a button for consoles or hold a button for pc) to pull something infront of the alien to buy you some time. (a lever to drop a destructable door but the leaver is heavy, adds suspense when your pulling this slow damn thing and you see the alien from the corner of your eye coming at you, could be your pulling down some type of pipe/shelving/some debris, to slow him)

this could end in 2 different ways.

1. the alien gets killed by you with some environmental deathtrap (molten metal sprayed over him, some type of airlock that sucks him out, a huge fan that cuts him up, ect. ect.)

or the one that I want to happen.

2. you will see this fella again, at the end u reach someplace where he can't get you. there will be these "chase scenes" you can't kill him and you must run for your life. this would happen i guess 2-4 times during the marine campaign at the end, you can pick up a heavy weapon (lets say minigun and dice him, OR do an enviro kill which is preferable, could be a special alien for what we know)

Think Gears of War with the berserker

or

The Dahaka from Prince of Persia 2

There are a couple types of fear. the SURPRISE Fear, which you will get alot of and is easily pulled off and there is the suspense, thriller fear and i think that's the best way to pull it off, how i described.

I freaked out when i had the berserker on my tail. that shit is scary.

and mind you that the sprint feature for marine is established, so you would be doing that when your running, you can't sprint backwards, you try to turn around and pop him, your gone.
Back to top Go down
https://raptorelite.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:35 am

Good idea
Back to top Go down
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:46 am

So yr only running from the alien.not killing him?I think the killing thing is better.and displaying the hp of the boss
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:08 am

RaptorMistikan wrote:
So yr only running from the alien.not killing him?I think the killing thing is better.and displaying the hp of the boss

that's not scary
Back to top Go down
https://raptorelite.darkbb.com
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:05 am

yeah....but killing is like...more action.running is like....a parkour
Back to top Go down
AKoN
Admin
Admin
AKoN

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:21 am

Inferno wrote:
RaptorMistikan wrote:

that's not scary

Seriously. It's boring just killing him.

Whats more fun honestly?

A) Blasting him with a minigun and instant killing him?

or

B) A long drawn out battle where you barely come out alive and a couple of weapons and a looonng chase scene.
Back to top Go down
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:43 am

or C:\ he escape every time u reduce like a lil of his health.than he appears behind u and u must run,than blast him,and it repeats till he dies
Back to top Go down
XenoVC

XenoVC

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:23 pm

RaptorMistikan wrote:
yeah....but killing is like...more action.running is like....a parkour

RaptorMistikan wrote:

Try watching the Alien films,rather than AvP:R all the time.

RaptorMistikan wrote:
or C:\ he escape every time u reduce like a lil of his health.than he appears behind u and u must run,than blast him,and it repeats till he dies

The Alien and Predator films are R-Rated Horror/Science Fiction at heart.

Not some generic rpg,not trying to be an ass,but it's true.
Back to top Go down
zibit

zibit

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:19 pm

yeah i think he means a "scary as hell game" not like "kill and laugh" game... predalien would be better than predatorian more scary...
Back to top Go down
Dudeist Priest

Dudeist Priest

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:32 pm

I have an idea. Instead of a Predalien or Praetorian, how about a Ravener? or a Carrier?

For those who do not know what a Ravener or Carrier is, please play AVP: Extinction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP   Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alien Boss Idea for Marine SP
Page 1 of 1