Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) Empty
PostSubject: Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)   Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Several firewall packages can interfere with the master server patch. Stop these programs, if they are running on your machine:

* AVG Webshield
* Norton Internet Security
* Norton Personal Firewall
I just learned of this mod, and it's wonderful news. I'm testing it out for my buddies over at {HR} (what's left of it) and am not having any success. I'm running vista and granting full admin rights and "XP SP2" comapatability to AvP2.exe.

The readme is rather sparse but, from what I can gather from it and other sources, we should be able to browse the master server list using the in-game menus. Is this assumption incorrect? Also of note, using a 3rd-party browser (ala X-Fire, etc.) to launch the game does not resolve the issue (didn't think it would). In either case, the "Checking Game Version" dialogue box scrolls "............" endlessly without connecting to the new master server.

Please advise and thanks for all your hard work thus far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mp3man44
Bubb
Admin
Admin
Bubb

Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)   Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks!! I figured out my problem. I had to run it as XP SP2 and administrator. It works perfectly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bubb
Admin
Admin
Bubb

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)   Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:50 pm

Nevermind.. it stopped working. Sad
Back to top Go down
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)   Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:42 pm

lol let me investigate more
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mp3man44
Raptor Sting
Admin
Admin
Raptor Sting

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)   Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:13 pm

If you have ANYTHING NORTON, get rid of it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.raptorelite.com
Bubb
Admin
Admin
Bubb

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)   Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Already did. I had Norton Internet Security 2010, but I uninstalled it. Still doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
tordcake

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)   Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:58 pm

hey guys im getting the same problem! Crying or Very sad it keeps saying client mfc application has stopped working, yadda yadda yadda, THIS IS ANNOOYIIINNNGGG!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)   Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avp2 Problems: Client MFC Application has stopped working (All owners of Windows 7)
Page 1 of 1