Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Desolate

Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? Empty
PostSubject: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Just a little post about getting a good graphics card (and or processor) to run AVP3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125286

Very good graphics card, will surely run AVP3 on very high settings (at least a decent processor) and if you have a good processor (Quad core) it will probably run it max settings.

First off, you need to know if you have the right slot, in this case, this is a PCIe slot

which looks like dis..

The PCIe (Or PCI express, whatever you want to call it) is the black slot in this picture.

Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? 828

Most modern motherboards have at least one of these, so if you have bought a decent new computer in the last 3 or so years, it's a pretty safe bet you have one, but I would still check. Smile

If you want to look around for any others, go here, it will have the list I used to find this graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048+1069633099+106792522+1068320729&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&Subcategory=48&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

It is also important that you have a decent Power Supply Unit (or PSU) it has to have certain wattage to power the video card, if you open up your computer, and try to look under the power supply, it may tell you how many watts it pumps out, (e.g 450-Watts)

A power supply looks like this

Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? Psu

REMEMBER! CHECK THE WATTAGE YOUR CARD NEEDS AND HOW MUCH WATTAGE YOUR POWER SUPPLY PUTS OUT! IF YOUR CARD DOESN'T HAVE SUFFICIENT WATTAGE, IT WILL NOT WORK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you need a processor, there is also a certain socket is has to be in, not every CPU uses the same socket. If you look up your processor, it will tell you which socket it uses, so you know the right processor to buy (e.g socket AM2+, Socket M, Socket AM2)

It is also very important to apply thermal grease on top of the CPU before you put the fan back on, thermal grease conducts heat and transfers it to a heat sink (Which is a device that dissipates heat)

You can get Thermal grease pretty much at any hardware store (example; Radioshack)

If you need any more help, you can PM me or email me.

Last edited by -{3C}- Desolate on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PinPoint

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:49 pm

...if you buy a cpu from retail it comes with the heatsink and thermal paste.

you can also use everest ultimate edition to help find out what socket you have.
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:06 am

i just changed my cpu using help from friends. get help from friends and watch videos online...they will save your life.
Back to top Go down
https://raptorelite.darkbb.com
Verloc

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:45 am

Thanks Desolate!
pretty good post, but I have a question, what is a decent procesor? 1.5? 2.0? 2.1? or what is the minimun that this game requires?
Thansk dude!
Back to top Go down
Desolate

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:56 am

Verloc wrote:
Thanks Desolate!
pretty good post, but I have a question, what is a decent procesor? 1.5? 2.0? 2.1? or what is the minimun that this game requires?
Thansk dude!

Well, the minimum is a 2.13 Dual Core processor, but I would recommend a Quad core really.
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:15 am

i got 2.93 dual core, that satisifies the rec requirements.

andy, the miniumum is a 3.2Ghz single core processor.

Quote :
Minimum Requirements:
Windows 7/ XP/Vista
1 GB System RAM (XP)/ 2 GB System RAM (Vista)
3.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4/Athlon 64 3000+ or equivalent processor
DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better, ATI X1600 or better)

Recommended Requirements:
Windows 7/ XP/Vista
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or equivalent processor
2 GB System RAM
DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI HD2900 PRO or better)
Back to top Go down
PinPoint

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 pm

dual core isnt the same as core 2 duo.

core 2 duo is better
Back to top Go down
Verloc

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Oh man.... i got to get a new processor...
How do I know what kind od video card do I have? it is Vista system
Thanks all for helping
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Verloc wrote:
Thanks all for helping

start menu, enter dxdiag i nteh serach thing

it will show u ur card when you hit the "display" tab.

for instance mine says ati radeon 2400 hd.
Back to top Go down
Desolate

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Inferno wrote:
Verloc wrote:
Thanks all for helping

start menu, enter dxdiag i nteh serach thing

it will show u ur card when you hit the "display" tab.

for instance mine says ati radeon 2400 hd.

Well aren't you special.
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:16 pm

but of course.
Back to top Go down
Inferno
Admin
Admin
Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 am

PinPoint wrote:
dual core isnt the same as core 2 duo.

core 2 duo is better

the one i got is C2D
Back to top Go down
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:54 am

Seems I can run avp3.But I need a better graphic card to run it at MAX
Back to top Go down
Verloc

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:33 pm

ÇThanks all
Back to top Go down
PinPoint

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 am

got my gt220 today. and oyeaaaa! it works with my psu.

need to keep case open though cause my pcie is right next to my hdd so i cant use the low pro bracket....shouldve got a normal one

only bad thing with it so far is that the fan is on full constantly and it cant be changed

AVP time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Desolate

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 am

PinPoint wrote:
got my gt220 today. and oyeaaaa! it works with my psu.

need to keep case open though cause my pcie is right next to my hdd so i cant use the low pro bracket....shouldve got a normal one

only bad thing with it so far is that the fan is on full constantly and it cant be changed

AVP time Very Happy

Bah, everyone complains about these fans, Razz

I got a computer with a fan that sounds like a jet engine and I don't even mind it.
Back to top Go down
PinPoint

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:10 am

i wouldnt mind if my case didnt have to stsy open xD
Back to top Go down
Verloc

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:20 pm

As long as the new AVP works.... ti what it matters....
Back to top Go down
PinPoint

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 pm

yea lol. got my head set on any way so dont hear it xD
Back to top Go down
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:12 am

WTF JET ENGINE?!

PS:PinPoint thx for the HL2 lost coast ;D rox
Back to top Go down
Desolate

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:25 pm

RaptorMistikan wrote:
WTF JET ENGINE?!

Figure of speech,
Back to top Go down
Verloc

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Ha!
Back to top Go down
Desolate

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 pm

If any admins think this should be stickied, please do, I think this thread could help many people,
Back to top Go down
Verloc

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 am

damn it!!! I tried it and my pc is very slow in game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?   Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphics cards tutorial, what to get, will it run AVP3?
Page 1 of 1