Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BubbRubb's Windows 7 Owner Help & Fixes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-=Raptor=-Jinzo
-=Raptor=-Jinzo

BubbRubb's Windows 7 Owner Help & Fixes Empty
PostSubject: BubbRubb's Windows 7 Owner Help & Fixes   BubbRubb's Windows 7 Owner Help & Fixes I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:42 am

Windows 7 Build 7057 x86
Windows 7 Build 7057 x86 is leaked & available for download on popular torrent websites and I suppose many of you have already downloaded & Installed Windows 7 build 7057. If you haven’t downloaded then check out screenshots of windows 7 build 7057
[url=Here]http://www.blogsdna.com/2647/windows-7-ultimate-build-7057-x86-leaked.htm[/url]
Windows 7 Build 7057 has many new changes as well as bug fixes like Windows 7 Beta
UAC bug. These changes include a set of new wallpapers, Revamped Logon and shutdown screen, changes in user pictures.

Users who has installed Windows 7 Build 7057 are reporting a startup bug where Desktop.ini Opens in Notepad on Every Boot. Fortunately the fix for this Windows 7 desktop.ini startup bug is very easy. Check out below instructions on how to fix Windows 7 Build 7057 desktop.ini bug.
BubbRubb's Windows 7 Owner Help & Fixes Windows-7-build-7057-desktopini-bug
Fix Windows 7 Build 7057 Desktop.ini Startup Bug

Method :1

1. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

2. Delete desktop.ini

3. Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

4. Delete desktop.ini if present.

Thanks to -=RaptoR=-Jinzo for providing this fix.

Method : 2

1. Under Folder Options -> View , select “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and un-check “Hide protected operating system files” so that you can see the hidden desktop.ini files.

2. Open the start orb and at the search type: shell:startup and press Enter. The start menu startup folder will open, where you will find a desktop.ini file. Delete it.

3. Open the start orb and at the search type: shell:common startup and press Enter. The “all users” start menu startup folder will open, where you will find a desktop.ini file. Delete it too.

4. Done. Reboot and the desktop.ini will not appear again.

Windows 7 fix for crashing Windows Installer errors - cannot install or uninstall MSI packages

I ran into this error earlier today on my laptop and I figured I'd share the fix on here because it might happen to you after you have installed and/or uninstalled many programs on your Windows 7 computer. There is an ongoing discussion in the Technet forums Here and a great blog entry with screenshots on how to fix it Here
Long story short, you need to delete the registry entries that may live under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions.
Hopefully, this will prevent you from uninstalling and reinstalling in desperation to get things working!

Client MFC Application has stopped working

Client MFC Application has stopped working. Several firewall packages can interfere with the master server patch. Stop these programs, if they are running on your machine:

* AVG Webshield
* Norton Internet Security
* Norton Personal Firewall

Anyway, it seems one of these programs (or something else, check your firewall settings) is blocking the MFC application that tries to update Avp2. I'm just guessing here, but maybe you should download the latest AvP2 patch (isn't that 1.096 or something? Been a while).
Hope this works.

Still researching
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mp3man44

BubbRubb's Windows 7 Owner Help & Fixes
Page 1 of 1