Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No crouch in AVP3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Denu

No crouch in AVP3 Empty
PostSubject: No crouch in AVP3   No crouch in AVP3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 am

Heard a wild rumor that there's not gonna be crouching in AVP3.

In this thread we discuss whether or not the ability to crouch is necessary in:

1. FPS-games in common
2. AVP3

For me it feels as bad as if they'd take away the abilities to jump and/or strafe. I don't know any other new FPS-game on pc that wouldn't have the ability to crouch.

Okay why AVP3 should have crouch:

- You can dodge aliens/bullets/spears/etc better if you can crouch.
- You can hide better behind stuff.
- In most new FPS-games you can aim better while crouching. That's why people are used to crouch when shooting far away. Now they can't do this, but instead hit ctrl only to accidentally launch some self destruction bomb that'll blow them back to CS.

Why AVP3 should not have crouch:

- You can't crouch/stagg so who would ever crouch anyway? Just kidding, I really don't know what were they thinking while deciding to leave such a feature away from the game.

EDIT: ..or maybe they just never learned to make a crouch without screwing the hitboxes up.

Last edited by Denu on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AKoN
Admin
Admin
AKoN

No crouch in AVP3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No crouch in AVP3   No crouch in AVP3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 am

Yeah I agree with your edit Denu. I'm thinking they just don't know how to fix it and they didn't like everyone using crouch/stagger on AvP2.
Back to top Go down
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

No crouch in AVP3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No crouch in AVP3   No crouch in AVP3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:52 pm

ALL FPS games i play,ALL,have crouch.I think Rhillor is wrong.Cuz.well....in the trailer,i saw teh pred crouching.So i guess there mayb be crouch
Back to top Go down
Denu

No crouch in AVP3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No crouch in AVP3   No crouch in AVP3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 am

Some guy who has played it has confirmed there was no crouch:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1129233
Back to top Go down
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

No crouch in AVP3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No crouch in AVP3   No crouch in AVP3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:52 am

FFFFUUUU---
Back to top Go down
Denu

No crouch in AVP3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No crouch in AVP3   No crouch in AVP3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 pm

RaptorMistikan wrote:
FFFFUUUU---

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No crouch in AVP3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No crouch in AVP3   No crouch in AVP3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No crouch in AVP3
Page 1 of 1