Raptor Elite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long dead remains of a Clan once prospered within a video game that is as old as time itself. Yar.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AvP3 Pros and Cons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RaptorMistikan
#1 Spammer
#1 Spammer
RaptorMistikan

AvP3 Pros and Cons Empty
PostSubject: AvP3 Pros and Cons   AvP3 Pros and Cons I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:22 am

Pros:AvP3.3 species.Nice
3/3 graphics

Cons:3 words:Seaching For Games.

ITS TAKES SO F%^KING LONG TO JOIN A GAME.AND WHEN I DO,IT SAYS DISCONNECTED.F^*% THIS F&%* PROBLEM.HOW THE F&*% DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM.
Back to top Go down
AnimaFerus

AnimaFerus

AvP3 Pros and Cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP3 Pros and Cons   AvP3 Pros and Cons I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Quote :
We've identified an issue with the matchmaking system that is causing the very long wait times to get into a PC game, and hope to release an update shortly which addresses this.

In the meantime players can ease connection issues by getting together with a group of players before entering matchmaking. Inviting friends or joining players via the Steam overlay will help work around the issue. If you need help finding players you can join one of the community groups, e.g. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AVPI.

In addition to the matchmaking functionality the full game features dedicated servers, server browsers, and the ability to host games directly

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1134684

Edit: After two actualizations it works faster Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dkaz.deviantart.com
UrbaneVirtuoso

UrbaneVirtuoso

AvP3 Pros and Cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP3 Pros and Cons   AvP3 Pros and Cons I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:00 pm

This is based off the demo, since it's using older code. This review may or may not be completely different as soon as the full game hits.

Pros:

- The Melee System. It's really refined, and no longer a contest where who could spam the most. Here you've got three maneuvers to master. You can't rely on just one, but you've got to play mind-games in order to beat your opponent. That's a challenging aspect.

- The Graphics. Many obvious reasons here, but I'll just say I love how the Alien's tail sways to one direction to another depending where the Alien is going... or how you'll see animations of your body as you're doing things... or seeing the Pulse Rifle's muzzle overheating due to excessive fire. Those solid details just add to the immersion.

- The Controls. Needless to say, for me it was just playing casually for a few matches, and the next thing I knew I felt like a veteran. Not to sound arrogant, but the layout really feels at home and works well together.

Cons:

- The Flamethrower. This weapon is pretty underwhelming in my opinion. Not only does it pack a weak punch, but it consumes so much fuel just to kill one person. You'd be better off leaving it aside for a more proficient weapon. I call for buff.

- Lack of Flares and Mimicry (Distract). A personal nitpick, but it would provide even more immersion and options for the players. I know for a fact that flares will be in fullgame multiplayer, but it's unlikely for Mimicry. I hope otherwise.

- Trophy Kills. It's not that I hate them (I use them myself), but it's how they're used so excessively. The mechanics for them seem off, right to the point where you could spam the button the moment you're in battle. I know the disadvantages, but it should be more challenging to pull off (like stunning an enemy before you're able to do it).
Back to top Go down
XenoVC

XenoVC

AvP3 Pros and Cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP3 Pros and Cons   AvP3 Pros and Cons I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Well,the mimicry thing works for an AI point of view,'cause it's not a real person that knows that it's obviously a Predator playing a recording,which I'm sure people playing multiplayer would know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AvP3 Pros and Cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: AvP3 Pros and Cons   AvP3 Pros and Cons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AvP3 Pros and Cons
Page 1 of 1